Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Family and Friends

Happy Thanksgiving and beginning of the Christmas season everyone! I forgot it is the Christmas season because here it is still 81 degrees and 95% humidity haha. It's horrible. I miss the Utah winters so much.

Monday we had Zone P day and we went bowling which was really fun. Then we ate at a place called Raisin Canes, which is the best chicken I have ever had in my life. Then I went on exchanges for the night to
Crowley with our district leader.

Tuesday me and the district leader were in Crowley and we bike contacted for most of the day. It was awesome and a very successful day! We contacted 56 people, handed out 34 book of Mormons and gave 15 lessons! It was such an amazing day! Crowley is a total black city, it was interesting because they all treated me like I was black and loved me and invited us to share our message with them because I was black haha. It was interesting. That day was incredible though!

Wednesday I was back in Jennings with my companion. We went to Nae's house. The deaf member. We cooked him food and hung out with him because that was his Thanksgiving. We also did service for a member for 2 hours, helping them build a house! Then we went to see Brother Martin and Whalen who are awesome!

Thursday was so weird not being home for Thanksgiving. It was awesome though. 2 member families invited us over for huge meals and it was so good. Cajun style Thanksgiving is where it's at. Then we just came
back to our apartment because we couldn't proselyte which made it a pretty boring day.

Friday we went to an investigator named Rev. He is awesome. We taught him and committed him to be baptized which is awesome! We also went to Toby's with his brother and mom there and the Lord spoke through me and Elder Hobbs I felt like. It was amazing. We were all crying. Toby's brother, Cody, gave us a full pack of his cigarettes and me and Elder Hobbs stomped the entire pack on the ground right in front of him. It was so hard for him to watch but, it was big step for me. They all want to be baptized after they get cleaned up, hopefully that is soon!

Saturday was an uneventful day. We went to a members house for lunch and then went to Toby's and helped him out. I haven't really felt all to well all week so today I tried to go out and we did but, that's why we didn't really do anything but visit members.

Sunday was a good day. Sacrament meeting was good and we were able to reactivate a whole family which was awesome! They have came the last 5 weeks to church after not coming for over 2 years. So grateful for
that. Toby, his mom, and brother all came to church which was awesome! Then we went and bike contacted and found a few potential investigators.

This week was pretty good. I really appreciate all the personal emails and prayers. It means a lot. I love you all! Until next week!

Love Elder Sirrine

No comments:

Post a Comment