Monday, November 2, 2015

Week Thee

Dear Family and Friends

Well everyone i survived the first week in the field haha. i have been struggling a lot this first week and its been hard. I can feel all of the love and support from all of you and it is really helping. so thank you so much and also the personal emails have helped so much.

My first area is Jennings, Louisiana. It rains pretty much every day here and most people are poor and dont have a lot. 

Monday i got off the plane in Houston at about noon. We met the other missionaries and then we met our new companion and went straight to our new area. My companions name is Elder Hobbs. He is from Utah and a great guy. He has been out for 3 months and he is training me. We got to our apartment and went to bed and that was monday.
District Elders

Elder Hobbs Zander's Comp

Elder Sirrine with Halloween kids from their branch

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was just spent learning how a mission works and knocking doors. on Thursday we went to a city in our area called Iowa. There we met the ward mission leader who is Brother Caple. He is a awesome man and loves talking about sports so that has helped a lot. We went and knocked doors in his neighborhood and we got a lot of doors slammed in our face which I think is funny. We also got 3 return appointments for tomorrow which I am really excited but nervous about. The members here are unbelievable. It was a shock to me on Sunday when we went to church that there was only about 20 people in sacrament meeting when I am used to about 200 in my home ward. 

Church was awesome and I cant wait to teach those investigators tomorrow. I love all of you and am so grateful for your support. Keep pushing forward is my motto for this week. until next week

Love Elder Sirrine

No comments:

Post a Comment