Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Transfer to Sulphur Louisiana

Dear Family and Friends


Brother Caple and Elder Sirrine

Elder Hobbs and Toby and Elder Sirrine


Brother Nae and his Mom Elder Sirrine, Elder Hobbs
Elder Sirrine with Jennings Branch YM
Hey everyone! My new area is Sulphur Louisiana! It is only about 45 miles away from my first area but, I am still in Louisiana which is pretty cool! I would love anything that y'all would send me!

This past week was not really that eventful before I got transferred. Me and Elder Hobbs just went contacting and saw less actives. Toby and his mom and daughter are hopefully going to be baptized soon! On
Saturday we got a call from President Drake and he said " Elder Hobbs, you are staying, and Elder Sirrine, you are being transferred". It shocked both of us and everyone I told that I was leaving but, Hobbs was staying. It is really rare that a missionary who has only been out in the field for 6 weeks is transferred to a new area that quick so I guess I'm special haha.

On Sunday I went to church in Jennings for the last time and everyone was so sad I was already leaving. I was sad too, because I was just getting used to and comfortable and I loved everyone. I went and said
bye to Nae, the deaf member, Toby, and the Caples which was really hard for me.

My new companion is Elder Scherry from Brigham City, Utah. He is different... And is odd and all he talks about is mine craft..... This is his last transfer and then he goes home. So in 6 weeks I will have another new companion. The Elders that were in Sulphur both got transferred and they had only 1 real investigator for us, so we have to pretty much start over with this area. I heard the ward here is 200 members which is a lot better then Jennings which was about 20 or 30. Our ward mission leader is Brother Caples brother which I am so happy about! He is awesome and I'm grateful I still have a Caple with me haha. This next week and transfer should be interesting. I am really
nervous and scared because we know nothing, but also excited.

I appreciate all your emails and letters and prayers more than you know! They help so much. Congratulation to my brother Elder Austin Larson for getting a
baptism!! Hopefully I can get one soon!

Love you all! Until next week.

Elder Sirrine

No comments:

Post a Comment