Monday, November 9, 2015

Miracle of Angels

Dear Family and Friends.

Week 2 here in Louisiana has been full of surprises. I am getting better day by day being out here and I can feel of all your love and support so thank you so much. 

Nothing interesting happened until Wednesday where we were thinking of where we should go to try and get new investigators. My companion got the thought of this little town called Hayes. It is in the middle of nowhere. When he said that I looked at him and said "no way, there is no point in going over there". We ended up going there and we were riding out bikes around and no one was outside. I was thinking we should just leave. Then we say a kid who is 17 years old named Dylan. We rode over to him and right when we sat down he said, " you know I have been sitting here the last couple days just thinking about life and if I have a purpose and I was praying for guidance. Then you guys showed up". That was such a testimony builder to me. We have taught him 2 times since and we have committed him to be baptized!! That was incredible.

Friday we went to a members house for dinner. We were eating and enjoying our time with this family when our phone rang. We saw it was a man named Toby. He had been really struggling and I had never even met him yet. My companion picked up the phone and Toby said " I am done, i am killing my self tonight, no one can stop me, I have made up my mind". We floored it over to his house to find him popping some pills. I ripped the bottle of pills out of this mans hand who i didn't even know yet and said "Toby what are you thinking?" I already cared and loved this man more then you could imagine. He said his family didn't care about him and his daughter and mom left him here when they said they were going to the store and came back. He was so mad. He said he had a pistol in the back and once we left he was going to end it. We talked with him for about 2 hours that night and I said things I didn't even know I knew that would help him. We got him to promise us to not kill himself that night and we would come back tomorrow and bring his mother and daughter with us. When we left we go a text that said, " Thank you so much for saving my life, literally. I was going to do it and then you guys saved me, no joke". I started crying as I read that and I was filled with the spirit. 
Rain outside their Apartment in Welsh

Elder Sirrine Selfie in Mirror with Hot Tie

Saturday we came back and found Toby alive which was a relief. About 20 minutes about we showed up his mom and daughter walked in. The first thing his mom said to us was, " were you 2 here last night?" we said "yes we were". She started crying as she told us that after they had that fight and he was going to kill him self that she prayed out loud almost screaming and said " God please send Toby some angels and people that will save his life". Then she said " wait, you 2 are the angels". Then she hugged us. I started crying and so did my companion. We talked for a while after that and they are all not members of our church. But, on Sunday all 3 OF THEM CAME TO CHURCH!! And they are going to be baptized! 

It was one of the craziest experiences of my life and its only my 2nd week out here. I am grateful for this gospel and how it works in so many ways. I love all of you and I can feel of your love, and the personal emails are really helping. 

Love you all. Until next week

Elder Sirrine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment