Monday, December 14, 2015

Two Months!!

Dear Family and Friends












Elder Sirrine on Overpass
Elder Scherry Santa and Elder Sirrine
Today I have been a missionary for 2 months! Crazy to think about! It has already been full of ups and downs, and very big trials of my faith!

Me and my companion were white washed into Sulphur, Louisiana! Our area book had absolutely no investigators or anything so we had to completely start over with this area. My companion, this is his last transfer then he goes home but, I have to literally do everything. He has some challenges which aren't his fault, so me as a brand new missionary has to set up appointments, contact everyone, teach all the lessons, plan everything, it has been really stressful! The Lord is teaching me things from it though, especially patience and love. I still love my companion! Let's get into the week now.

Wednesday we met a member family, the Morris', they are awesome. We also went bike contacting and found a man named Robert. He is really interested and loves having us over. He is confused of why he would have to be baptized again and things which is really fun to discuss. Then we went to Brother Caple's (Brother of Brother Caple in Jennings) house and discussed how we can get this area back to getting people baptized!

Thursday we knocked doors pretty much the entire day. Most people just yelled " I'm already saved, I don't need you or your church", and shut the door. I think it's pretty funny when people do that. We talked to
one women who thinks Jesus Christ is a behavior and not a person, and also thinks that God is black and a women, that was a fun conversation.

Friday we had the ward Christmas party which was really fun. At the party we met a women who was invited by a friend and she is not a member. I talked with her for a while and she got teary eyed and said
" I have been waiting to meet you my whole life". I was so overwhelmed with the spirit. We have taught her a few more times since then but she is moving so that's sad. Hopefully she will be baptized! Her name
was Caitlyn! She was awesome!

Saturday we met a less active family from Puerto Rico! They love me and my comp. I tricked them into thinking I was from Puerto Rico which was funny. They are awesome! And because of us they are coming back to
church next Sunday! I am so grateful for that! Their name is the Laracuentes!

Sunday was a good day at church, the ward is about 220 people which is awesome! But there are a lot of less actives, we then went and met with brother kandik who is a ward missionary. He is awesome and 70 years old but, he still acts young. We talked with him about
missionary work for a while. I am grateful for all of you and your personal emails! I am grateful to be in Sulphur, no matter how challenging it is. I am grateful I can be out on a mission. I love you all so much and hopefully this week we can find some people! Love you all! Until next week!

Elder Sirrine

No comments:

Post a Comment