Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Valentines

Dear Family and Friends


Study Time


Valentines
Todd and Elder Sirrine
Elder Fata, Elder Hobbs, Todd, Elder Sirrine
Monday
We went and played volley ball at the church, it was fun. Then I went
on exchanges with elder Despain. We went and visited Todd Daniels. He
has such an amazing spirit and I love him so much. We also had pizza
for dinner courtesy of someone back home!

Tuesday
I was with Elder Despain and we had a good day. We went and knocked
doors in this apartment complex and found a couple of solid people.
One named Jeremy who has been wondering where God is and if there is
one. And then this women named Sandra from Cuba. She didn't know
anything about the bible or anything so it was nice to teach her and
she didn't argue because she didn't know anything else with religion.
They both accepted the invitation to be baptized. We also went to
Bishop Clifford's for lunch and had cheese burgers and Mardi Gras king
cake, which is amazing! We went to the Wilmores for dinner and went
and played basketball! It was a good day all around!

Wednesday
Elder Fata was back with me in Sulphur and we worked really hard
today. Our appointments cancelled so we went finding almost all day.
We knocked well over 150 doors. It was a long day but, we found some
really solid people. One being named Kelly. She is a black women who
has had a really hard life. Her husband left her when she was pregnant
and now she and her daughter are on her own. She had a very sincere
heart. She is coming to church with us on Sunday. We then went to
Todds and taught Walter again. He is very open and really understands
the message very well. It was kind of funny because me and Elder Fata
after this lo day wanted to go have dinner at Chilis. We drove there
and got a table and everything and then realized we have no money to
afford Chilis, so I said "let's go to Walmart, a member wants us to
see if they have something for her". We agreed and drove to Walmart
and when we walked in we saw a member in our ward. She then asked us
if we had anything to eat tonight, and we said no, not really. She
then said well then subway is on me tonight. We knew it was the Lord
leading us to there and her. I then realized that I you work hard the
Lord will always take care of you with what you need. Very tiring but,
good day.

Thursday
Thursday was a roller coaster to say the least. We went and taught
Jeremy again and he loved the plan of salvation, and we put his
baptismal date for March 5th! I am so happy for him! Then we went out
with Todd and I started feeling very very sick. We came back to the
apartment and I fainted and threw up a lot. When I fainted I went to
the hospital where I had to wait 2 hours to get in and be seen. I was
in so much pain. It was bad. Then I came back and feel asleep finally.
It was not a fun day.

Friday
I woke up feeling sick still, I had terrible body aches. I prayed to
the Lord and asked him what to do. He told me to go out and work and
everything would work out. So I got ready and struggled through the
morning. We were on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and we went and
knocked doors. Me and Todd taught 2 lessons while Elder Fata and Hobbs
went and knocked. We taught Jeremy again and he prayed at the end and
said he has never felt this much light in his life and in his heart
and it just made me so grateful that I came out and struggled out of
bed. I was in pain whole day, but, the Lord made up for it. we found a
ton of new investigators and taught 8 lessons! It was a awesome day!
Then we went and visited a less active and talked with them. We
finally got home and I collapsed on the bed because I was still sick.
These 2 days were crazy.






 
Sulphur apartment

Sulphur Bedroom



Saturday
We went and picked up Todd and visited some people. We visited Walter
and made sure he was coming to church tomorrow. Todd is amazing. He is
with us every single day no matter what. Earlier in the week he had
lost his job for no reason. He had been really depressed about it but
this night he met a man and started teaching him the gospel and the
guy offered him a way better job then what he had and said he would
come to church with Todd. There was another example that the Lord
takes care of his servants and people who share his message at every
opportunity. Then we went to Gattis pizza with Bishop Stott and then
went to brother Kandiks and had a good discussion with him. Saturday
was a awesome day.

Sunday
Sunday was a good day. We went to church and Walter, Jeremy, and Nikki
came! We had 3 investigators there which I thought was awesome. After
church we taught Nikki and committed her to be baptized then we went
with Todd and visited some people and played basketball outside with
some black guys who said if I beat them they would listen to our
lesson. Needless to say, we won. We taught the, the restoration and
they are coming to church next week! We had dinner with the Daniels and
visited the Dees.

We found 16 new investigators this week! The Lord really is preparing
people for the gospel! I love you all and am so grateful for all the
support and everything! Have an amazing week!
Elder Sirrine

No comments:

Post a Comment